Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The BoBo
















What a week. BoBo has been sick, really sick. We took her to the insta care on Saturday and the doctor told us she had a very bad ear infection, and pneumonia. He prescribed an antibiotic that should fix both problems and sent us on our way. She has asthma so it seems any time she gets any type of cold it goes directly to her lungs.


Well the cough got worse, the fevers got higher, and her breathing got more labored. And Austin got the cough and fever...yay...


Monday I took them both to the doc...They checked Olivia's oxygen levels and they were at an 82. The doctor checked her into Primary Children's Medical Center. They preformed what is called deep suction...yes it is as disgusting and as awful as it sounds... but it seemed to help. They also did a lung x-ray. It turned out she did not have pneumonia, but she has a virus called metapneumovirus. I have never heard of it either...










But now we are now home, with a perscription for the "suction clinic" and we are doing OK.










3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I am glad that she is doing better!!! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.....;0)

Lisa said...

I'm glad you guys are home. I hope Olivia's doing better. You guys are in our prayers. *hugs*

Joe & Heather said...

Glad to hear your home! I hope all keeps getting better!